In veterinary medicine as in human medicine, the key to good health is prevention. With our thorough pet wellness exams, we can detect many pet health problems before general symptoms even begin to emerge. With proper preventative care strategies, we can keep diseases and pests from wreaking havoc on your pet’s body in the first place. We believe in treating your pet’s entire health and body to keep your pet happy and healthy. Our preventative care plans include vaccinations, thorough examinations by our veterinarians, wellness screenings and parasite prevention plans, but they also go beyond routine physical health care. We also provide nutritional and behavioral counseling so we can tailor your pet’s preventative needs to his lifestyle. During your appointments, our team will review all of your pet’s previous medical records with you. Together, we’ll discuss your pet’s lifestyle and environment so we can design a wellness plan tailored to your individual pet.
Keep your pet Lyme-free with these easy steps!
Step 1: Test for Lyme. Your dog should be tested for tick diseases annually. He should also be tested every time you find an engorged tick on him or if your pet begins to show clinical signs and symptoms of Lyme, which include limping, lethargy and fever.
Step 2. Vaccinate against Lyme. Dogs are fortunate enough to have a vaccine that can keep Lyme disease from developing if they are bit by a tick with Lyme. The vaccine is administered as two initial doses, given three weeks apart, and is then boostered annually.
Step 3. Prevent. Use flea and tick preventatives all year to stop fleas and ticks in their tracks.
Don’t leave your pets exposed to these parasites!
Flea problem taking control of your life?
Trying to get rid of fleas can feel like an embarrassing battle that you just can’t win. It sometimes feels like no matter what you do, those little bugs just keep coming back.
Even though fleas love warm weather, they can survive cold winter temperatures in your home, where they complete their life cycles and feast on your cats and dogs (and maybe even you!) in the process.
Here are some tips for controlling your flea problem for good:
- First, find a day when your family isn’t going to be home, or send the kiddos to Grandma’s for the day. Call our customer care specialists to schedule a flea treatment for your pet. We offer a special medication that kills live fleas, and we can apply topical preventatives to keep those little bugs from feasting on your pets in the future. Pets should also have their stool tested for parasites that can be transmitted by fleas.
- Then, spray your entire home! Use an aerosol flea bomb in your home to target carpets, drapes, furniture and other fabrics where fleas like to lay their eggs.
- Vacuum all of your carpets and mop all hard floors.
- Launder everything! Fleas like to lay eggs on fabric, so launder all of your clothing and bedding in hot water to kill fleas and eggs. Make sure you launder your pet’s bedding and blankets, too.
- After four weeks, repeat steps one through four. The average flea’s life cycle is about four weeks, so repeating these steps roughly every month will keep fleas from returning.
Protect Your Dog & Reward Yourself
Enjoy big savings and free gifts when you stock up on preventatives for your pet:
Buy 12 doses of Sentinel, receive a $20 mail-in rebate. Offer valid through 2018.
Buy 12 doses of Nexgard, receive a free toy. Offer valid while supplies last.
Buy 2 doses of Feline Bravecto, receive a $15 mail-in rebate. Offer valid through 2018.
We offer an exclusive price match guarantee on our preventative medications. If you find a cheaper offer anywhere online, show us, and we’ll match it!
Give us a call at 845-562-7861 or stop by Middlehope Veterinary Hospital today to purchase preventatives for your pets!