Middlehope Veterinary Hospital is a Fear Free Certified Veterinary Hospital
When a veterinary practice is Fear Free Certified, it means the hospital has passed an extensive education program to learn tips on calming pets and improving their overall experiences when they visit. It’s important for pets to be calm and relaxed during their visits not just for their own comfort, but also because a calm demeanor allows for more accurate exams and tests. To keep certification, veterinarians must take additional continuing education courses every year, meaning they’re always up to date on the latest care tips.
To make your pet’s visits as comfortable and stress-free as possible, we offer the following at Middlehope Veterinary Hospital as part of our Fear Free program:
- Calming music in each exam room to help relax any nervous feelings. Pets who are calm and relaxed enjoy lower stress levels and heal faster, plus they are less likely to experience complications from treatments or operations.
- Treats, treats, treats! We offer a wide variety of tasty treats for your pet to enjoy throughout their visits. If your pet has a favorite treat, feel free to bring a baggy full of treats with you to their exams.
- Calming pheromones. Feliway and Adaptil contain synthetic versions of the pheromones that your pet already associates with calm, familiar environments and experiences. Using these pheromones throughout your pet’s visits can help your pet relax and feel safe.
- Soft towels and cushy mats. Pets feel safer on softer, non-skid surfaces. No more cold exam tables!
- A safe, relaxing waiting room and exam room experience.
- Highly trained, loving staff. Each doctor, nurse, assistant and customer care specialist at Middlehope Veterinary Hospital is a pet lover at heart. We offer comprehensive, on-the-job training on gentle handling, continuing education so each staff member has up-to-date medical knowledge and comprehensive training in canine and feline body language and communication so each staff member can communicate with your furry family member, determine your pet’s stress level and provide a tailored experience to ensure your pet’s comfort.
For more information about Fear Free veterinary hospitals and how Middlehope Veterinary Hospital’s Fear Free certification helps your pet, give us a call at 845-562-7861.